McKellar, R. (2010) A short guide to political risk. Gower. Great introduction to political risk that also includes an overview of key political risk indicators.
The sources below help you with selecting political risk indicators for your analytical framework. They explain definition, operationalization and relevance of selected indicators. Often these sources offer data for the indicators as well.
- Fund for Peace – Fragile State Index
- Freedom House – Freedom in the World
- Maryland University – Minority Group Assessments
- Reporters without Boundaries – 2018 World Press Freedom Index
- SIPRI – Military Expenditures Data
- Transparency International – Corruption Perceptions Index
- United Nations Development Programme – Human Development Index
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees – Statistical Online Population Database
- Uppsala University – Uppsala Conflict Data Program
- World Bank – Ease of Doing Business Indicators
- World Bank – Global Governance Indicators
- World Bank – World Development Indicators
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Framework of Country Risk Concepts
- Our Framework of Country Risk Indicators
- Our Template for Country Risk Reports
- How do you select Country Risk Indicators?
- What do your Country Risk Indicators mean?
- How do you find Country Risk Data?
- Free E-Book about Country Risk Analysis
- How do you become Country Risk Analyst?
- Framing China as Large Export Market
- A Flexible Tool for Impact Assessment of Political Risk Indicators (by Gaia Verhulst)
- Interview with Kai Gehring: Rating Agencies, Sovereign Ratings and the Home Bias
- Macro-Economic Risk Indicators [Reading List]
- Political Risk Analysis [Reading List]
- Political Risk Data [Reading List]
- Political Risk Indicators [Reading List]
- Sovereign Risk Ratings, Government Debt Defaults and Emerging Market Bond Spreads [Reading List]
- Transfer Risk Definition, Methodology and Ratings [Reading List]