Interested in improving your skills in this field? Then contact me about my in-house skills training sessions or apply for my Summer School courses at Maastricht University:
- Baldry, A. and Thibault, P. J. (2006) Multimodal Transcription and Text Analysis. Equinox.
- Bateman, J. A. (2014) Text and image. A critical introduction to the visual/verbal divide. Routledge.
- Bednarek, M. and Caple, H. (2012) News and discourse. Bloomsbury.
- Caple, H. (2013) Photojournalism. A social semiotic appraoch. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Machin, D. (2007) Introduction to Multimodal Analysis. Bloomsbury.
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Research Paper Template for Textual/Visual/Multimodal Media Analysis
- Our Template for Research into Discourses, Signs and Frames with Qualitative Research Methods
- What are the Key Questions in Visual Analysis?
- Do Our Media Reflect Reality Accurately?
- Critical Discourse Analysis [Reading List]
- Media Representations, National Identity and Foreign Policy [Reading List]
- Media Studies, Media Theory and Society [Reading List]
- Multimodal Analysis and Text-Image Relations [Reading List]
- News Framing Analysis [Reading List]
- Social Semiotics [Reading List]
- Visual Analysis, Photojournalism and News Images [Reading List]