Interested in improving your skills in this field? Then contact me about my in-house skills training sessions or apply for my Summer School courses at Maastricht University:
- Bruhn Jensen, K. (2002) A handbook of media and communcation research. Qualitative and quantitative research methods. Routledge.
- Croteau, D., Hoynes, W. and Milan, S. (2012) Media/society. Industries, images, and audiences. SAGE.
- Hodkinson, P. (2011) Media, culture and society. An introduction. SAGE
- Laughey, D. (2007) Key themes in media theory. McGraw-Hill.
- Long, P. and Wall, T. (2012) Media studies. Texts, Production, Context. Pearson.
- Ott, B.L. and Mack, R.L. (2014) Critical media studies. An introduction. Wiley-Blackwell.
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Research Paper Template for Textual/Visual/Multimodal Media Analysis
- Our Template for Research into Discourses, Signs and Frames with Qualitative Research Methods
- What are the Key Questions in Visual Analysis?
- Do Our Media Reflect Reality Accurately?
- Critical Discourse Analysis [Reading List]
- Media Representations, National Identity and Foreign Policy [Reading List]
- Media Studies, Media Theory and Society [Reading List]
- Multimodal Analysis and Text-Image Relations [Reading List]
- News Framing Analysis [Reading List]
- Social Semiotics [Reading List]
- Visual Analysis, Photojournalism and News Images [Reading List]