I am co-author of an accessible introduction to country risk analysis that also explains economic indicators. The book is available on this website: Free E-Book about Country Risk Analysis
The following sources offer you data of national economies, international trade and global commodity markets.
- BP – Statistical Review of World Energy
- Energy Information Administration – Annual Energy Outlook 2018
- FAO – Statistical Data
- International Energy Agency – Key World Energy Statistics 2017
- International Monetary Fund – World Economic Outlook Databases
- International Trade Centre – Trade statistics 2001-2017 and Foreign Direct Investment Statistics 2006-2015
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development – Main Macro-Economic Risk Indicators
- UNCTAD – Country Profiles and Data Center
- U.S. Geological Survey – Commodity Statistics and Information and International Minerals Statistics and Information and Mineral Commodity Summaries 2015
- World Bank – Commodity markets and Global Economic Prospects and Joint BIS-IMF-OECD-World Bank debt statistics tables on external debt and World Development Indicators
- World Trade Organisation – World Trade Statistical Review
- World Travel-Tourism Council – Country Reports
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- Our Framework of Country Risk Concepts
- Our Framework of Country Risk Indicators
- Our Template for Country Risk Reports
- How do you select Country Risk Indicators?
- What do your Country Risk Indicators mean?
- How do you find Country Risk Data?
- Free E-Book about Country Risk Analysis
- How do you become Country Risk Analyst?
- Framing China as Large Export Market
- A Flexible Tool for Impact Assessment of Political Risk Indicators (by Gaia Verhulst)
- Interview with Kai Gehring: Rating Agencies, Sovereign Ratings and the Home Bias
- Macro-Economic Risk Indicators [Reading List]
- Political Risk Analysis [Reading List]
- Political Risk Data [Reading List]
- Political Risk Indicators [Reading List]
- Sovereign Risk Ratings, Government Debt Defaults and Emerging Market Bond Spreads [Reading List]
- Transfer Risk Definition, Methodology and Ratings [Reading List]