In 2018, GeoMeans offers you skills courses at Maastricht Summer School for the sixth time. Leonhardt van Efferink teaches you the skills needed to study political and country risks, geopolitical scenarios and frames, and texts and photos in the (social) media. Moreover, Leonhardt helps you with developing your analytical framework and apply it to a country/data source of your choice. Each of his courses enables you to benefit from his vast research experience in academia, government and the private sector.
Leonhardt offers you the following courses in 2018:
▪ Country Risk Analysis: Growth Potential, Economic Policy and External Finances of Emerging Markets
▪ Political Risk Analysis: Domestic Factors, International Relations and Economic Impact Assessment
▪ Geopolitical Scenario Planning: National Security, Geo-Economics and Foreign Policy Strategy
▪ Geopolitical Framing Analysis: National Images, World Views and Global Dividing Lines
▪ Textual Media Analysis: Critical Discourse Analysis, News Framing and Qualitative Research Design
▪ Visual Media Analysis: News Photos, Text-Image Relations and Multimodal Discourses/Frames