Interested in improving your skills in this field? Then contact me about my in-house skills training sessions or apply for this Summer School course at Maastricht University:
- Beasley, R.K., Kaarbo, J., Lantis, J.S. and Snarr, M.T. (2013) Foreign policy in comparative perspective – domestic and international influences on state behaviour. SAGE. The book develops a framework for foreign policy comparisons (with historical context, external factors and internal factors as main pillars) and applies it to an interesting combination of countries around the world.
- Breuning, M. (2007) Foreign policy analysis – A comparative introduction. Palgrave Macmillan. The only book here that is only about foreign policy analysis, with a focus on national leaders and their decision-making routines.
- Jackson, R.J. (2013) Global Politics in the 21st Century. Cambridge University Press.
- Smith, S., Hadfield, A. and Dunne, Tim (2012) Foreign policy – theories, actors, cases. 2nd edn. Oxford University Press. The book offers theoretical insights (e.g. into realism, liberalism and constructivism), conceptual considerations (e.g. regarding national security) and many studies of the foreign policy of countries (e.g. of China)
Center for Strategic and International Studies
Council on Foreign Relations
Danish Institute for International Studies
Royal Institute for International Relations – EGMONT
Real Instituto Elcano
Foreign Policy Research Institute
Foreign Policy in Focus
Foundation Defense Democracies
The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies
International Institute for Strategic Studies
International Relations and Security Network
Royal United Services Institute for Defence Studies
YaleGlobal homepage (publication of Yale Center for the Study of Globalization)
White House (US)
World Politics Review
This post is part of our series of posts with similar themes:
- What do you mean by Geopolitics?
- What do you mean by Territory?
- Framing 115 Years of Geopolitics in 230 Words
- What do you mean by Cyberspace, Internet and Cybergeopolitics?
- What are Geopolitical Aspects of Cities?
- The Oil Price, Geopolitics and Geoeconomics
- Rare Metals, Global Power and National Security
- How useful are Maps?
- Words matter in Geopolitics – Czechia or Czech Republic?
- BREXIT and the Myth of National Unity
- Energy Security [Reading List]
- Foreign Policy, International Relations and World Politics [Reading List]
- Geopolitical Scenario Planning [Reading List]
- Geopolitics, Geoeconomics and Geostrategy [Reading List]
- Global Power [Reading List]
- International Boundaries and National Territory [Reading List]
- National Identity [Reading List]
- Natural Resource Scarcity [Reading List]
- Security [Reading List]